I am always constantly visiting and discover new fashion sites and blogs, and reading new fashion magazines. It's hard not too, especially when living in New York where there's a store every few blocks away, or having the Internet at your fingertips. However, I do have my favourites and decided it's the perfect time to make a list when I saw IFB Project #11. I hope you enjoy my picks just as much as I do.
1. LOVE Magazine: The bi-annual magazine by Katie Grand, "one of the most powerful stylists in the world" and a person I admire very much. In each issue of LOVE, they have a single theme that they will focus on. From the highly unique styling to the interesting subjects being featured in each issue, it is my favourite fashion magazine. The articles are very much related to the fashion world and a variety of artists.
2. Fashionista.com: When I first read The Teen Vogue Handbook(hey, I was 11 something!), they mentioned its former editor and their signature collages. I was young and never heard of Photoshop, not knowing how to make them yet, so I decided to visit the site. To this day, it is the only site I relied on for fashion news. The writers and contributors always have a sense of humor that can crack me up, and I can stay on its website for hours, browsing through its broad archive.
3. V Magazine: It's the younger sibling of Visionaire, which of course I cannot afford every issue, so I relied on V Magazine. With an inventive and avant-garde way of styling, it is my second favourite magazine and much more affordable and accessible than the LOVE Magazine(Barnes&Nobles doesn't carry LOVE) The latest cover always catch my eyes, but I don't know why I didn't get a subscription yet.
4. Raspberry and Red: I found Weronika's blog through Teen Vogue's Blogger of the Moment blog last year, and I had been following her casual yet chic style since then. She taught me that fashion can come at any price, you just need to find a way to style it. I love browsing through her archive from time to time.
5. The Coveted: When I found Independent Fashion Blogger, I also love Jennine's blog The Coveted. Her simple approach toward fashion and beauty leads me to having great expectations for my style when I am older. She is one of the bloggers who truly have an opinion, and one that I value.
6. Style Rookie: Tavi's blog is the first fashion blog I read before I started my own blog. Since we share a love for Sassy, Courtney Love, Miu Miu and Proenza Schouler I was inspired to start my blog and I want people to listen and value my opinions on fashion. Anyway, her blog is full of sarcasm, vintage fashion finds and her life as a teenager in high school, and it's another blog that I love browsing through its archives.
7. Love Aesthetics: It's a funny story how I discovered Ivania's blog. Since I follow Lulu and Your Mom, another of my favourite blogs, on Formspring. One day, someone leaves Ivania's URL in Lulu's Formspring and Lulu said she really like it, so I decided to check it out. Her simple posts and style is refreshing in a blogosphere full of similar style and blogs. Ivania also has a strong opinion about her style, and is not easily influenced by others. Her dislike for Jeffrey Campbell is particularly outspoken, since most fashion bloggers have a pair of Litas, and that does not include me.
8. InStyle: Funny enough, I first got this magazine from my parent's friend after she was finished with it. I like the magazine's wide variety of content, from fashion to lifestyle and more. They values their reader's opinions and always include them in an issue. In the current issue with Beyonce on the cover, it has an article of layering that leaves me full of ideas to dress for fall. Since I'm still a complete newbie in beauty, I also delighted by its beauty section, which is full of tips and new ways to wear make up.
9. Lulu and Your Mom: Her Californian style is simple yet full of surprises. Lulu's blog is my favourite blog and I always fall in love with the music videos and inspiration that she posts. Her Tumblr is also full of vintage photographs and her ongoing writing career(she writes about love and the Internet, and they can also be read on Lulu and Your Mom. They are straight to the point, and brings me a feeling of nostalgic.
10. Fashion Toast: Rumi is almost the queen of fashion blogosphere, there's not denying it. But something about her style, the chic, undone glamour of her outfits that drawn me toward her blog. She stays true to her style, even though she had became famous for it and attended tons of fashion shows.
That's all! What's your favourite magazines/fashion sites/blogs? I'm always on the look for new ones!